One challenge is figuring out how best to proceed. I feel like the Living Worlds is the most important part to revive, so maybe just focus on that? As for what platform, I am a Mac guy, but lately I've been drawn to the web... I wonder if it's possible with just web technology.
- Set up Subversion and Trac
- Unearth and upload the code
- Decide on a license (GPL? MPL? Other?)
- Decide on a compiler for Windows (we'll be using Xcode on the Mac). . . Is there a decent alternative to Visual Studio?
- Find people interested in working on the project
- Get it to build on the target compilers
- Take it from there
If you're interested in helping out, please let me know. Otherwise, stay tuned!